In today’s blog post, we’ll cover 7 things you must do before starting a WordPress Web Design business site.
- The first thing you want to do is get your business accounting setup. We recommend FreshBooks because it induces setup unbelievably easy. With Freshbooks, you can create estimations and send them to clients, then you can turn those estimates into invoices for them to pay. You can track time in there and take payments from the invoices. You can even connect it with your bank account. This cuts down on the admin side of your business so you can focus on designing.
- The next item is to choose a framework that works best for you. Save growth time by starting with a WordPress framework. You can review our detailed framework guidebook to find which works best for you.
- The next item is to always make sure you back everything up. There’s nothing worse than losing hours of work for a client because something went wrong and you lose your sight. back up your work often.
- Next, choose the best web hosting for your business. Sign up for an affiliate program with a hosting provider and help your client select the right fit for their site. Some affiliate programs that are great hosting companies are InMotion hosting and WPEngine.
- Surround yourself with great people. There will be things you aren’t as good at so don’t waste your time fumbling to work on items that you’re not great at and find people who can be an asset to your business and delegate those items to them.
- Concentrate on returning customers. Build a lasting relationship with your clients and see their repeat business grow. This helps you maintain marketing expenses down and it also helps them work with people they trust.
- And ultimately, start building your email listing now. Some people might be in the research phase so give them great content in exchange for their email, keep the dialog going and that route when they are ready to create their website, you’ll be at the top of their mind. If you like this blog post go ahead and leave us a comment, we’d love to hear from you.
As found on Youtube